Saturday, July 18, 2009

Zihua

After a the workshops I took the weekend off to go to Zihuatanejo to check out the beach, and what the coast of Guerrero has to offer.

Municipal Beach in Zihua


Maritime Anthropological Museum

The Hostel del Viajero, where I slept. A super find thanks to Lonely Planet, there is a spectacular garden inside, and the keeper of the place, Mali, is just as personable and fantastic as LP says.

Soccer game just across the street from the hostel. About two seconds away from a gol.


When I took this picture, I hadn't done anything. Darn inquisitive children.


This is what the center of Zihua looks like.


Pancakes! A guilt pleasure to be sure, but one that could not be resisted.


Pelicans chasing chum.


Quack.


Looking out over the Zihua Bay

I'm on a boat!


No, not a scene from Spaceballs II, these guys were the beach patrol in Zihua. Although these two look all fuzzy and nice, their colleagues with automatic guns were much more menancing. That whole narco-trafico issue is pretty serious in the state of Guerrero.


Tata! Tienes tocayo!

Melodious multi-tasking.

Barra de Potosí. A beachside town about an hour south of Zihua, made up of several beach front hotels and restaurants. The restaurants are said to have spec-tacular seafood, perhaps next time. The restaurants did have hammocks and agua de coco... mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment