Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ballenato

I don’t know what that this "ballenato" is. The poster has piqued my curiousity, and I am almost willing to brave the cumbia texana and country to see if it’s vallenato misspelled. Almost.

Speaking of vallenato, the other night I heard the lovely rhythms coming back from the downtown area in a taxi. The driver was blasting a compilation of Colombian music. It clicked that the music was familiar, there some classic vallenato that I had heard a million times before. I can't remember what the song was, but this was our conversation:

Me: Entonces, le gusta la música Colombiana
Driver: No, sí, claro, es lo mejor
Me: (I nod in agreement)

2 comments:

  1. Primo
    Looks like you're having a blast; learning, experiencing and living!
    Keep writing and updating.
    Wish I could be there.
    Saludos from Karla and the 2 Ivans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and enjoy the ballenatos
    LOL

    ReplyDelete